Jockeys

You can see the list of jockeys in FF here.

A few notes:

• Jockeys will not be available until 2010 (or when the new racing code shows up).
  • Jockeys will fluctuate in weight every year (possibly more often than that).
  • Any jockey that is taller than 5’0" will be restricted to steeplechase races only (there are 20 SC jocks and 20 flat ones at the moment).
  • If a jockey’s weight goes above 120lbs, s/he will retire.
  • All jockeys have their own abilities/talents, which can/will affect how well your horse does when s/he is ridden by them.

Feel free to post with any questions.

The jockey page will eventually be a lot cooler, and show more info, but right now, there’s only so much info to display, since none of them are doing anything yet.  :wink:

wow FF is really

improving.

What will happen when a jock has to retire? Will they be out of the

system?

Their status will switch to

“Retired”, and they will no longer be available to ride horses.

Sounds great Shanthi! Another

great feature to look forward to. Question, when does it end? :stuck_out_tongue:

Beautiful, Shanthi!

Should I be worried that all of them were born in the 1990s? I feel SO old!!!

Hopefully it means they’ll

respect what we ask them to do… :stuck_out_tongue:

Given that in FF, you’re 4 years older than you

really are, probably not. :wink: All the jockeys are 16-19 to give them a long “lifespan” as a

jockey in the game. (I estimate that jockeys will probably race until their early 30s.)

Random thought: I may

incorporate jockeys getting injured/sidelined. Not sure how/when this would be a factor, but

the idea just popped into my head, so I’ll keep it in mind when I revamp stuff. :slight_smile:

I guess you could make horses

fall over and then the jockey gets stomped on or something… :shock: Pretty extreme, but you

get the idea. I’m not sure what injuries a jockey gets. I assume they are just things like

muscle or joint problems or something. Recovery time wouldn’t need to be as long as a horse

though I assume…

I think it’s also lots of

stuff like broken bones and necks and spines and stuff :wink: Jockeys get really banged up.

They can pop off during bumps and stuff on the track or during gate trouble… Also get

barred for a couple weeks if they interfere sometimes… At least they do in GR04 :slight_smile:

What’s GR04?

It would

be cool if we could have penalties for interference, but that sounds evil coding wise…

i’d assume Andrea means

Gallop Racer 2004. i think it’s a game for playstation.

when a jockey retires,

they’ll be replaced, right? and a completely new jockey will be created?

I would like to do something

along the lines of Stewards Inquiries, but I have no idea yet if it’ll happen.

And

yes, jockey injuries would run from bruising to broken limbs.

New jockeys will be

generated each year as needed.