How'd You Do?

Well I didn’t get a chance to look at the horses ahead of time and I came into the bidding a bit late, but I was still happy with what I was able to pick up …

[color=red]Playing It Cool
A pretty 16 hh created grey filly by Kept His Cool and out of Glacey Intent. Picked her up cause I loved her name. Cost me $10,500 which was more then I wanted to spend but still pretty cheap in the scheme of things.

[color=red]Promised Union
A beautiful 16 hh mahogany bay filly by Dixie Union and out of Promised Trial. Dixie Union has thrown some nice babies in real life and hopefully this girl will be a winner to. Was a little cheaper at $5,500.

[color=blue]Concord Pride
This little guy joins Fleet Feet Thoroughbreds as only the second colt in the barn so he’ll have lots of ladies to keep him company. He’s a cute chestnut by Concorde’s Tune and out of Proud Isobella. Also paid $5,500 for him. Hopefully he likes to run.

It’s really hard to predict anything with created babies, but hopefully one of them will turn out decent!

Heehee. They all look lovely. Good luck on all of them!

I bid on two for cheap ('cause I was broke at the time) but got outbidded so came home empty-handed. That’s alright. I still have a 2yo to run this year!  ;D

I picked up 3… and I fought hard for two of them…

[color=red]Speechless she’s a granddaughter of the reine-de-course mare Lymerick. She’s by Townsend Prince out of Toungetied, who has a winner and a stakes placed colt out of two to race. She’s definantly a keeper, though I’m not sure what I’m looking more forward to… racing or breeding her.

[color=blue]Indigo Dreams was my bargain purchase. I paid 10,500 for this guy, and he’s a half to M Stakes winning mare Cigar’s Promise, so hopefully he’ll live up to his pedigree.

[color=red]Harvest Festival was a generated filly I picked up for 1,000. We’ll see how she does, I love Souvenir copy IRL.

And for those of you that didn’t know, the RL [color=red]Northwest Colors is actually a 1999 grey stud by Broad Brush named Dr. Litin. He stands in Oregon and you can breed to this guy for $500 since his first foals won’t start running this fall. 

I suppose it’s about time I post here, I’ve been putting it off for a while…

[color=blue]Indy’s Class- A pretty strawberry roan by gold ranked stallion A.P. Indy and out of bronze mare Classy Coed.  I am a big A.P. Indy fan, so I splurged on this guy, spending $72,500.  I hope he proves to be a good runner.

[color=red]Pinoit- Something drew me to this filly- I can’t say what exactly, but when I saw her, I had to have her.  I ended up with her for just $2,000.  Has Storm Cat in her created blood, that can’t be a bad sign.

[color=red]Grand Thunder- This is a nice little gray created filly.  I was drawn to her sire’s name, Thunderello, ended up paying $11,000 for her.  I hope she makes something on the track, and if she doesn’t, she can at least have babies.

Actually Northwest Colors. is the RL 1998 daughter of Winning Colors by Broad Brush… She has had 5 starts & 1 win… and has a 2003 filly sired by Fusaichi Pegasus…

Dr. Litin is the 1999 full brother to Northwest Colors he sold at the Keenland July yearling auction for $2,500,000 ran 3 times & never placed on the board. He now stands in Oregon… he has 6 known foals, all from his 2005 crop…

Late… as always ;D  and i bought based on name…Just like Last year ^^;

[color=blue]Tortuga Band 15.0 hands, and Grey.

[color=blue]Sippin’ Bourbon 14.2 hands, and Flea-Bitten Grey.

[color=blue]Space Pistol 15.2 hands, andFlea-Bitten Grey.

They all look promising, and hopefully one of them will be a good one -points at Tortuga- it better be you. You cost me the most… :-\ anyway… yeah. such fun names they have.

Well i had great luck in the past picking up a filly named Sugar Road for under $5k i think it was and she ended up a champion. This time i went mostly on name but i also looked into pedigree, I had a little bit of a war on one but i ended up with all three in the end, but boy was it hard to choose just 3, lol.And with all the ones that ive had born and bought i have a lucky 13 , 2yos to start this spring.

first off i got this cute black filly, which is my fave color, random parents, but i just loved her name.She cost me a respectful $5,500  .

------by----Lacey Evitan  ----------Bold Badgett
------------------------------------Lacey Native
[color=purple] Flying Feline 
out of-------Flying Kisu -----------Sir Cat
---------------------------------Flying Royalty
-shes  is an April 5,baby so might mature later, shes Black with the only white being a Bald face and looks to be a dainty Height of 15.0h

This guy i had to get , his name, his Pedigree, and his color all played a part in this purchase.I  had to have this horse!! I spent $45,500 on him and hopefully he will earn it back in spades.

-----------------Affirmed (S)  ------Exclusive Native
------------------------------------Won’t Tell You
[color=blue]Positively Stormy
---------------Barulla (B) ----------High Demand (B)
-----------------------------------Stormy Desire (B)

Another Gorgeous black,born February 18, so should be ready to race soon, only white is a LH Ermine, and at this time hes at 15.3h

and third a cute bay filly with the same lines as my filly Sugar Road,(Strawberry Road) heres hoping shes just as good.She was the bargain at $2,000(again) heres hoping she follows in Sugars hoofprints!!!

--------------Salt Lake  ----------Deputy Minister
---------------------------------Take Lady Anne
[color=purple]Sundae Surprise
---------------Otoka  -----------Strawberry Road
---------------------------------Barb’s Slew

a bay filly born March 1, hopefully she will be race ready shortly, she has a few markings a Star, stripe, snip, RH Ermine, and stands at 14.3h at the moment.

Hey Dawn, I’ll be going up to see Dr. Litin either this week or next week. He’s standing at the breeding farm that I’m sending my mare to. She’ll be visiting a different stud though. Hopefully I can post some pictures of Litin, if I get the chance to take some. He’s a huge dapple grey, absolutely georgeous with a sweet temperment.  If anyone’s curious here’s his stud page:
oakhurstthoroughbreds.com/stalli … r%2E+Litin

Its outdated, but he’s been bred to some nice mares, and I’m praying they’ll run this summer and fall so I’ll be justified breeding to him next year.