Breeders series runners

Sounds like I should have shopped the Vaucluse auction.  :wink:
Too bad I was broke as a joke then.  But next year…  ;D

Also, I have two that have qualified : Coquette will most likely be making a go at the 2yo dirt fillies’ races, but Fight The Twilight (#5) is leased out to CDS, who has 3 other boys, all higher ranked (#1, 2, & 3!) and homebred, on the qualifier list for 2yo dirt, so I imagine he’ll be on the bench this time around. 

I’m running Fight The Twilight. :slight_smile: He’s performed a bit better than the other two lately.

I’m only running The Good Stuff in the Filly/Mare Steeplechase category. She ran last year and did quite well, and she’s going to try again this year (she’s ranked #2, so of course she’s going!). Her last few races have been lackluster, so we’ll see, but she’s my only choice so off she goes! lol

I can not believe it’s been 5 years since I bred her! Crimson Blossom was one of my favorite mares. Well, I named her for a reason, :wink:.  Go, The Good Stuff!!!

Hey Shanti,
Should we be allowed to enter 2 runners in the 2yo BS races? I know that for normal 2yo races your only allowed 1 entry but I thought you could have 2 for the 2yo BS races… I was hoping to run both Turnpike Wannabe and Face The Fire in the 2yo turf :slight_smile:

You can enter two. You just have to wait till Monday to enter the second horse.  For Wednesday races you have Monday to enter your extra horses and for Saturday races you have Thursday.  You can have a max of 2 horses in 2yo races and 3 for 3yo+ races.

I am thoroughly confused.

I thought that Stables were only allowed a maximum of two runners in any BS race, however, I notice that one stable has three horses entered in the 3YO filly Dirt race (Race #45) for Wednesday.

There had been a lot of discussion in this thread about this issue because I had posted that I planned to run three horses in the 3YO Turf races. I had originally thought that you could enter two horses in a race (one in 2YO races) once the entries opened and then, on the Monday or Thursday before the races, if the race wasn’t full, enter another horse (as long as it was in the list of qualifiers for that race). Then, after all the discussions, my understanding was that we could NOT have more than two runners in any one BS race (one in 2YO races).

Shanthi - Are we allowed to have 3 runners in BS races (2 in 2YO races) or not?

I repeat what I said last time. They work exactly the same way as ALL OTHER RACES in the year, except that your horses have to be on the qualification/nomination list to enter.

Just to be EXTRA, EXTRA clear:

• Up to the last day of entries, you can enter 1 2yo or 2 3yo+ horses in a race IF they are in the top 14 qualified for the race/series.
  • On the last day of entries, you can enter a 2nd 2yo and/or a 3rd 3yo+ horse IF they are in the top 20 qualified for the race/series.

This really is not that hard, I promise.

Thank you. That is what I had originally thought.

I’ve had a slow year and haven’t been as active as I like, but he’s ranked well and I expect to run him. :slight_smile:

Cool, good luck! :slight_smile: I hope he does well.

I don’t want to be a whistle-blower but there is a horse in the 2YO fillies Dirt for tomorrow (Race #44) that wasn’t in the Qualifiers List.

The horse is #6 Raviani.

Woops…I could have swore I saw her on the list a week ago.  Oh, well thanks for pointing it out. If you don’t want to be a whitstle-blower then try to PM the stable first.

Sorry about that. I should have PM’d you first, however, I’m pretty sure that somebody else would have pointed it out if I didn’t.

It’s a pity that you didn’t realize that she wasn’t on the list, because you had two other fillies qualified that you could have chosen from as your second runner. The joys of having large stables, eh - and you probably had about three times as many horses qualified as I did.