Breeders Cup - Who are you running?

I’m surprised that there hasn’t been a thread like this yet, i’m pretty sure there is one every year!
This year is Semiahmoo’s biggest breeder cup year ever with a total of 7 horses running. Some are homebred and out of my stallions making this year extra special. I’m super excited! Here is who I have running:

Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies:
[color=red]Blowing Kisses (What’s Your Point) - This filly has run in 9 races and only placed below 4th in one of those races. This distance is longer then she has run before so we’ll see if she is just a sprinter or if she can push a little further

Breeders’ Cup Mile
[color=red]Anglesite (I’m Your Angel) - This petite filly has been rocking it this year, so proud of her. She was off the board her past 2 starts but they were longer then she liked, she likes 8 furlongs and has had almost 2 months rest so hopefully she runs well.

Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf
[color=red]Solo Sunset (War Chant) - I was unsure about running this filly because her past 2 starts haven’t been great, however, she loves 10f and has had lots of rest so I think she has a shot of running well. To think I put her in a $15,000 claimer at the beginning of the year, thank goodness she stayed with me!

Breeders’ Cup SC Sprint
[color=red]Uncanny Yodel (Highland Bandit) - This filly has really perked up as a 4yo, late bloomer! Her past 3 starts have been good, so hopefully she continues running well.

Breeders’ Cup SC Endurance
[color=blue]Sunday Paper (Sunday Silence) - This colt has been my shocker of the year. He went from a poor runner to and insanely awesome runner after switching him to SC. He has had 6 SC wins this year and he loves long distance. He’s had alot of time off, I think he has a real shot in this one

Breeders’ Cup SC Distaff Endurance
[color=red]Careless Whisper (Alydar) - Round 2 for this filly. She won the BC SC Endurance last year, this year she has preferred the longer distances so we are entering her in the distaff. She is coming off a win in the GI Joe Aitcheson race, I think she should do well in this race.

Breeders’ Cup Turf Sprint
[color=blue]Run Jenny Run (What’s Your Point) - This boy LOVES to sprint! 3 of his 5 stakes wins this year have been at 5f so I think he’ll do well in this race

When You Wish (2016 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Fillies)
Uncharted (2016 Breeders’ Cup Mile)
Take Me Higher (2016 Breeders’ Cup Distaff)
Star Spun (2016 Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint)
Gotta Be Royal (2016 Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf)
To Die For (2016 Breeders’ Cup Sprint)
Taking Chances (2016 Breeders’ Cup Turf)
Sekhmet (2016 Breeders’ Cup Turf)
Aficionado (2016 Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile)
Ardiente (2016 Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint)
Gal From Seattle (2016 Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf)
Spin Doctor (2016 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies)
So Audacious (2016 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile)
Maranotha (2016 Breeders’ Cup SC Distaff)

[color=blue]Kichiro - 8f Gr. 1 Breeders’ Cup Mile for 3yo+, $2,000,000 Turf

[color=green]Loveofthegame - 6f Gr. 1 Breeders’ Cup Sprint for 3yo+, $2,000,000 Dirt

[color=red]Daphnis - 8f Gr. 1 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Fillies for 2yo F, $2,000,000

Congrats on Kichiro doing well for you. I can’t seem to get a boy to run for me as soon as I sell them they become great for their new owners!

I won’t be running anyone can’t afford it.

Bold Reality - juv turf (2/2 big step up in class here)
Di Nozzo - juv dirt (4/4 on dirt, should improve over longer trip)
Erin Red - juv filly turf (3/6, will be better over this trip)
Trinary Star - juv filly dirt (3/6 ran very well g3 race lto)
Black Type - turf (Irish derby winner, ran well all season and won at meeting last year)
Cruise To Cairo - class sc (only had 4 runs over fences but ran close in g1 lto)
Dax - distaff (ran well in g1 races earlier in season)
Stonewashed - end sc (2/4 and beaten a nose twice and trip will suit)

Good luck everyone

For the first time ever, we’ll be running more than one pony. 

Mimicry - Juvenile - It’s a big jump in class, but it’s hard to resist letting him try it.
Pay The Boatman - Juvenile Turf - He should enjoy the extra furlong.
Sneaky Surfer - SC Distaff Endurance - A race we’ve captured the last two years, with a new face.  Hopefully she’ll like the longer distance and the competition.

The only definite Starfish runners are:-
[color=blue]Glorious Victory - Juvenile
[color=blue]AndLikeThatHesGone - SC Sprint
[color=blue]Painted Raven - SC Classic
[color=blue]Rebel Brother - SC Endurance

The following will definitely run but a final decision hasn’t been made as to which race they will run in:-
[color=blue]First Born Son - Turf Sprint, Mile or Turf
[color=red]Hi Honey - Turf Sprint, Mile, Turf or Filly & Mare Turf
[color=blue]Worthy Victor - Turf Sprint, Mile or Turf
[color=red]Last Nights Jitter - SC Distaff or SC Distaff Endurance

We expect to have a number of runners in the other races, but haven’t decided which races most of them will be running in. Many of them will have to wait until next Monday when we see how many other horses are entered for the various races. Among these are:-
[color=blue]In The Navy
[color=blue]Lucky Streak
[color=blue]Lucky Sunset
[color=red]Big Dawn
[color=red]Boundless Train
[color=red]Giant’s Debate
[color=red]Moony’s Fancy
[color=red]Princess Kaiulani
[color=red]White Sand Beach

We have never, ever entered the Breeder’s Cup.  This year will be quite nerve-wracking!

This year, we are entering:

[color=red]Ch. Coquette into the Juvenile Fillies Turf.  She has primarily run on dirt, but I think this race gives her a better chance to succeed than facing some of the heavy hitters in the Juvenile Fillies race.

[color=blue]Ch. Ducati into the Juvenile.  He’s our stable star, and he has faced and beaten at some point most of the big players in this race.  Still, they are a tough lot, so I hesitated before clicking the “enter” button!

[color=blue]Ch. Triomphe into the Sprint.  He does best at dirt sprints, so I’m hoping he remembers that on race day…

[color=red]Ch. Twirlaway into the Filly & Mare Sprint.  She went off her game due to low NE, but these conditions were her forte a few months ago.  Fingers crossed that she’s back to her old self…

Our leased mare, [color=red]Kissing Point, is entered into the [color=red]Filly & Mare Turf.  She’s only #18 on the list as she has only attempted one stakes race so far, but these qualifications are her favorites, and I saw at least 4 ponies on the list that don’t appear to be entering this race, making her one of the top 14.  Her speed factors certainly look competitive for the race, so she’s a calculated longshot.

And now my bank account looks pretty sad compared to an hour ago.  Hopefully at least one of these ponies will help fix that…

Just the one runner for us with [color=blue]Quarren taking his chance in the,Turf. It’ll be a tough race but he deserves to take his chance.

Now I’m REALLY broke, haha. [color=blue]War Letters is my sole BC entry, giving a ridiculously tough Juvenile Turf a go. If he bombs, I know I’ll be kicking myself because I originally had him in a 75k stakes race tomorrow (and I forgot that there’s no race refund if entries have closed so yikes my bank account). I hope he can at least get his entry fee back!

Here are my 16 entries… Decided to switch Kowhai to the Classic from the Distaff - think she needs the extra furlong. Entries cost me a fortune… :-\ Seriously need some placings!

Madam President 9f Gr. 1 Breeders’ Cup Distaff for 3yo+ F/M, $2,000,000
Take Me Higher 9f Gr. 1 Breeders’ Cup Distaff for 3yo+ F/M, $2,000,000
Spin Doctor 8.5f Gr. 1 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Fillies for 2yo F, $2,000,000
Uncharted 8f Gr. 1 Breeders’ Cup Mile for 3yo+, $2,000,000
To Die For 6f Gr. 1 Breeders’ Cup Sprint for 3yo+, $2,000,000
Gal From Seattle 10f Gr. 1 Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf for 3yo+ F/M, $2,000,000
Gotta Be Royal 10f Gr. 1 Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf for 3yo+ F/M, $2,000,000
So Audacious 8.5f Gr. 1 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile for 2yo, $2,000,000
Sekhmet 12f Gr. 1 Breeders’ Cup Turf for 3yo+, $3,000,000
Taking Chances 12f Gr. 1 Breeders’ Cup Turf for 3yo+, $3,000,000
Kowhai 10f Gr. 1 Breeders’ Cup Classic for 3yo+, $5,000,000
Maranotha 10f Gr. 1 Breeders’ Cup SC Distaff for 3yo+ F/M, $2,000,000
Ardiente 7f Gr. 1 Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint for 3yo+ F/M, $2,000,000
Star Spun 7f Gr. 1 Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint for 3yo+ F/M, $2,000,000
Aficionado 8f Gr. 1 Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile for 3yo+, $2,000,000
When You Wish 8f Gr. 1 Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Fillies for 2yo F, $2,000,000

We have finalized more of our entries and are currently up to 18 runners:-
Breeders’ Cup Distaff:- [color=red]Giant’s Debate and [color=red]White Sand Beach
Breeders’ Cup Mile:- [color=blue]First Born Son, [color=blue]In The Navy and [color=blue]Lucky Sunset
Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Turf:- [color=red]Big Dawn, [color=red]Hi Honey and [color=red]Princess Kaiulani
Breeders’ Cup Juvenile:- [color=blue]Glorious Victory
Breeders’ Cup Turf:- [color=blue]Lucky Streak and [color=blue]Worthy Victor
Breeders’ Cup SC Sprint:- [color=blue]AndLikeThatHesGone
Breeders’ Cup SC Classic:- [color=blue]Painted Raven
Breeders’ Cup SC Endurance:- [color=blue]Rebel Brother
Breeders’ Cup SC Distaff:- [color=red]Last Nights Jitter
Breeders’ Cup Filly & Mare Sprint:- [color=red]Take Your Chances (Leased from SunStar Stables) and [color=red]Dark Topaz
Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf Fillies:- [color=red]Sand Dune

We may still add to these by next Monday if any of the races haven’t reached the 14 entry limit.

Good luck to everyone running horses today - super exciting!

Well… at least I broke even? Mostly.

Wow. What a day! Four wins for me - Classic, Distaff, Filly & Mare Sprint and Dirt Mile. Brought home $9.7m!

Congrats to all the other winners!

my first real season of serious trying two thirds and a fourth out of 5, also just about broke even. Quite satisfied as 3 of them were pretty much outsiders anyway!