8/8

Sent out a few (very fat) ponies today, with mixed results:

3YO [color=red]Demand Drama finished 7th/10 in her SC NW1.  She continues to run just the same as she did on the flat…at the back of the pack.  She’s got me baffled - gorgeous, 17.1hh, yet unwilling (unable?) to run.

3YO [color=red]Isobella’s Sea (x Seabiscuit) won her second race of the year (from 3 starts), this time on turf.  It seems she’s finally starting to figure this racing thing out…  On a bad note, though, she has a cut now.  Home to rest.

2YO [color=red]Twirlaway (x Whirlaway) made her debut, finishing 8th/9.  At least she wasn’t last?

3YO [color=red]Playful Breeze (x I’m A Classic) finished 4th/6.  I think she prefers the dirt, plus she probably wants rest at the farm.

2YO Stillwater lease [color=red]Evensong (x War Chant) finished 5th/6 in her debut.  Again, not last…

4YO [color=red]I’m a Star, who suffered from overracing under previous owners and has been babied and perhaps over-rested by us since, pulled a nice 3rd/12 against some really nice mares.  3YO [color=red]Sheza Hornet ran 7th/12 in the same race.  Hmm.

4YO [color=green]Heroic Acts ran a dutiful 4th/6.  He’s ready to come home to the farm.

2YO [color=blue]O Lordy ran 13th/14 in his debut race.  I’m beginning to wonder where they’re getting their racing advice…

4YO [color=blue]Gotta Have Faith just didn’t even try.  9th/10 and he made his point; he’s headed home.

3YO [color=green]Fly Away and 4YO [color=green]Premiere Night ran 4th and 11th/11 in their race, respectively.

And last but not least, the reliable 3YO [color=red]Bold Jewel (x Bold Ruler) made her stakes debut, finishing a solid 4th/14 in the ungraded Estrapade Handicap with a high SF.  I’m not at all displeased.   :slight_smile:

Four runners. Four off-the-board finishes.  ::)

In our first race day, we had three starters.

[color=green]Summer Mounr, a 5yo gelding, placed 5th/6 in his 8.5f NW1 on the turf. It was only his first start, so we’ll be playing around with some distances and conditions. Perhaps he might like a shorter distance?

We leased [color=red]Symbolic Sound, a 3yo filly, from Rainee Thoroughbreds. She placed 4th/6 in her 13f NW2 on the dirt. Maybe we’ll try her on the turf, or a bit shorter next.

And finally, in the highlight of our day, [color=red]May Belle, a 4yo mare, came out with a smashing victory over nine other horses, winning her debut race, a 5.5f maiden on the dirt, by 15 3/4 lengths.

Sent out the mare who is fast becoming my star :smiley: [color=red]Titanium Angel ran in the 9f NW2 Allowance for 4YO+ on the turf. She got the lead from the beginning and never looked back, finishing with an SF of 203. Her record now stands at 3 wins for 3 starts.