8/5

Only one out today and [color=red]Mayhem finally gave us a winner  ;D It’s been ages but she seemed to appreciate the slight drop in trip following her second place last week. Fingers crossed the good form continues.

Four out today.

[color=red]Double Vision broke on the lead, pulled away, and looked like she would bring home a solid win until she just… quit. Pulled a DNF. Not sure what’s up with this one.

[color=blue]Obstinate ran a good race and stayed competitive over 11 furlongs to finish 2nd/8 in a NW2 allowance. Very happy with this one.

[color=blue]Favored showed that the old guys shouldn’t be dismissed completely. He ran a solid race in an open allowance, finishing 5th in a field of 12. For a 7 y/o steeplechaser, I won’t complain about him bringing home paychecks no matter how small they are.

[color=blue]Classical rounded out our day of 5ths by finishing 5th in a decent-sized field in the Ungr. Black Tie Affair Handicap. This was his first start since last August, and I entered him on a whim just to see what he would do. Therefore, no complaints at all about watching him earn a SF of 132 against fitter horses.

We had three of our girls out today with some pretty nice results overall.

First out was [color=red]Ancient Powers who finished 6th/14. Not quite the result we were looking for but at least she wasn’t dead last. Still need to figure her out.  :-\

Next up was [color=red]Reminiscent in the Gr. 2 Miss Preakness Stakes where she started in 2nd but got pushed back to 3rd place in a field of 10. We’re pretty proud of her because we didn’t really expect her to do anything spectacular this time around, but she surprised us!  :slight_smile:

Last but definitely not least, our beloved [color=red]Night’s Over ran a solid 3rd/10 in the Gr. 1 Lockinge Stakes! This little filly has been on a roll lately, placing and showing in almost all of her stakes appearances this year. Next time out, we’re looking for looking for her to get that elusive win.

Sent 4 out, and got 3 paychecks:

[color=blue]O Mercy Me (3YO x created) ran 3rd in his NW3, beaten by a couple of tough fillies.  I think he was a little distracted by the view…  ::)

Meanwhile [color=red]Eyeofthebeholder (2YO x created) was the only filly in her race, where she ran a solid 2nd in her NW3.

[color=blue]Gilded Ruler (4YO x Bold Ruler) managed a paycheck - barely- by finishing 5th/10 in his NW3.  For this stakes winner, I’m pretty disappointed.  He’s been way off the mark lately, despite lots of rest at the farm.  He may end up aiming towards hurdles or getting the big “G” word soon…

Lastly, [color=red]Jovial Chic did what she does best - ran dead last.  We’ve tried blinkers and taking away the whip, as well as both surfaces, and none of it has done ANYTHING.  I’m really considering a switch to steeplechasing for this lovely 16.0hh grey filly…  Desperately hoping that SOMETHING works.

Two boys out, 1 paycheck.

[color=green]End To A World ran a strong 3rd in his NW3 allowance, earning a 106 SF. He’s had a bit of a case of showitis this year, so I’m hoping a rest at the farm will give him that extra spark. Still, hard to complain with this dependable guy.

[color=green]Aetheus trailed his field the entire way round in his NW2 allowance after finally showing some promise in his last start. Hopefully he just needs a little R&R at the farm.