8/23

Following a few light race days with just one or two kids running recently, today was huge for Coleman Branch.  We had five out and four in the money. 

After trying several pieces of equipment, I hope we’ve finally found what works for [color=blue]Beg Your Pardon, who wired his 6.5f NW3 to earn a second win. 

[color=red]Splendid Silence apparently figured out how to run without blinkers at last.  She followed Pardon’s lead and wired her third dirt start over 6f by an impressive (and impossible) 82.75 lengths.

One of our veterans, back after a two-month layoff, was a pleasant surprise.  [color=blue]Tiz Fresh returned under CB silks today with a 2nd place finish over a 6.5f Allowance.  The vacation seemed to do him some good, as he hadn’t run in the money for a while.  His SF of 120 indicates he’s not done running yet. 

[color=red]Still Fleeting posted her highest SF to date over a 9.5f SC NW2, finishing 3rd against a decent field. 

Our only disappointment today was the 2yo [color=blue]Heiroglyph, who we just can’t seem to figure out.  He finished 9th in a big field in a 5.5f Maiden. 

First out for us was Gone Punk in a NW1. Still haven’t figured her out yet, she only finished 4/6.

Next out was Infinite Frontier, who has been pretty disappointing in his last few starts, continued that trend today by finishing 7/12 in his allowance race. He’s been gelded; hopefully that will help.

In our third race of the day, one of my two year olds Salmarnir proved himself in his maiden today, wiring his turf race by 52 lengths. :wink: Which now means that all of my two year olds that have started this year have won! Whee!

Western Tiger was last out in his NW2, and finished a very solid second. He seems to have liked his change of equipment, so hopefully that will continue.

Pretty good day overall. :slight_smile:

SunStar Stables had two horses run. First up was Fighting Stag who broke 3rd and ran home a nice win along with a nice paycheck. :wink:

Next up was Highland Hero who came in last place. I guess some more rest will be needed for him.

Overall I am very pleased with Fighting Stag and will continue to work with Highland Hero.

[color=green]Bucking Tiger finished 6 of 10 at Woodbine. Rather disappointing, but I’m hoping he’ll bounce back in his next race there.