8/14

Had a really great turnout with just one horse.

Sent my boy [color=blue]Armory out in the Sword Dancer Invitational at 11.5 furlongs on the turf and came under the wire first.  Armory has really impressed me- he’s been such a trooper and really blossomed as 4 year old.  After reviewing the new stud qualifications, he is one stakes win away from and 2 stakes finishes in the top 3 to be eventually earn a stall in the stallion ranks.

So, thinking his next starts will be repeat starts the Man o War and Canadian International, as well as late nominating him to the BC Turf.  All that isn’t written on concrete as I will make sure he comes out well from each race before committing but that is how it looks right now.

He’s the best $1000 I’ve ever spent :slight_smile:

–Kayte
Diamond Dale Farm

Sent out two of our recent auction purchases.

[color=red]Paint Me Perfect finished 5th in her fillies’ NW3 whilst [color=blue]Hopskipandajump placed 2nd in his NW2 with a nice 151 SF. Hopefully more to come from him.

Not the greatest day, but we had a couple of good performances.

2YO [color=green]Marshall Town finished 3rd in his maiden.

3YO [color=red]Freezer Burn turned in a strong effort in her NW2, finishing 2nd and earning a highest-ever SF.

Win:
Editor’s Pen, 5f dirt NW2

Only one out, but she won. :slight_smile: Morgan le Fey is now 3-for-3. Not bad for a 2yo (albeit a 16.3h one!).

Life is a pain but I will take some time to brag about my two winners last Saturday.

[color=red]Sundance Kid won a 7.5f turf allowance for 2YO fillies. In eight starts her only off-the-board finish was on dirt; on turf she’s got two wins, four seconds, and one fourth. For a 2YO she’s really consistent. If only there’s a turf stakes for her in the States… Added bonus: I created her pedigree.

[color=red]Super Tuesday notched her second victory in another 7.5f turf allowance for 2YOs. Apparently our stable likes turfy fillies. Looks like the kind of runner who needs more distance, but that’s hard to find at this time of the year. If her siblings are anything to go by I hope she becomes a star.

So excited to race these two girls next year. Hope their stable mates start catching up.