7/03

So-so. Everyone brought home a check but by finishing in the tail-end of he purse distributions.

[color=green]Legal Strategy (Highland Bandit) made me quite happy finishing 3rd/10 in the G3 Tiverton Stakes.

Off he board: [color=red]Palm Reader (4th/6 NW3), [color=blue]Back At Ya (5th/6 NW3), [color=blue]Breakfast in Bed (5th/8 NW3).

I’m proud of the ponies at least!

2yo [color=blue]Zimbardo (A.P. Indy) won his NW1 in England.

3yo [color=red]Intricate was 3rd/6 in a 14f marathon in Saratoga.

2yo [color=blue]Luminoso (created) finished 3rd/7.

4yo [color=blue]Ch. Al Mundhir finished 3rd/10 in Firecracker Breeders’ Cup! Good to see that he’s a stakes level steeplechaser.

Haribo broke her maiden her maiden after 5 tries - Gummy Bear is 2 for 2 with her babies :slight_smile:

[color=blue]Star Wizard broke his maiden - not sure if it was the equipment change, change of surface to SC or the fact he’s been supplemented for the Mixed Auction!

[color=blue]Dark Spell won his NW1. He’s also in the auction but I’ll make a decision on Friday as to whether to leave him in or not.

[color=red]Peep Show won her OA. She might run once more before joining the broodmare band.

[color=red]User Friendly ran in the same race, finishing 4th and her racing days are most likely over.

[color=red]Crowd Teaser finished 2nd in her OA. She’s another one going to the paddocks next year but as she’s been more consistent than the other two she might keep racing until the end of the year.

[color=blue]Archaeopteryx finished 4th in the same race. He’s also auction bound.

So-so day - as usual, our stakes ponies were meh.

12(4)-2-2(1)-4-0 $73,000

WINS:
[color=red]Integral (3yo, Magic Glory) in a NW1.

[color=blue]Brilliant Protege (3yo, A.P. Indy) in a NW2.

PLACES:
[color=blue]It’s A Deal (2yo, Rock of Gibraltar) in a NW1.

[color=red]Live A Little (3yo, Jazz It Up) in the Prioress Stakes, for her first stakes placing. :slight_smile:

SHOWS:
[color=blue]Connect the Dots (2yo, Long Live the King) in a NW1.

[color=red]Cassiopeia (2yo, Strike It Rich) in a NW2.

[color=blue]Certain Death (2yo, Ring of Fire) in a maiden.

[color=blue]Jumanji (3yo, Dark Continent) in a NW2.

15(5)-4-2(1)-3-0 $127,000
Winners
Saint moritz seems best over 5f -for sale
Lavaliere
Into the sea good winner and improving well - for sale
Votesrin really good winner on debut
2nds
Di nozzo in g3 back on turf - may take him out of my auction ?
Jetrel  ran better -also for sale
Dissapointed with black type in July cup guess it’s back to longer trips

11(10)-3(2)-1(1)-1(1)-3(3) $428,000

Winners (2 SW & 1 2yo winner)
[color=blue]Hogsmeade, (3yo, ICh. Highland Magic x Blarneystone Lane) 1/10 in the G2 Firecracker Breeders’ Cup at Churchill Downs.
[color=blue]Ch. Away The Lads, (3yo, NCh. Slew O’Scots x Risk Away) 1/10 in the G3 Stars and Stripes Breeders’ Cup Turf at Arlington. His 3rd consecutive win and 5th in 6 starts this year (all SW). He needs 2 more SW plus 1 SP to become Stud-Qualified.
[color=red]Magic Spitfire, (2yo, ICh. Magic Glory x Blackout) 1/8 in an NW3 at Woodbine.

Second
[color=red]Ch. American Dance, (4yo, Almost Home x Northern Sister) 2/13 in the G1 July Cup in England.

Third
[color=blue]Last Orders, (2yo, NCh. Lasting Spirit x In Due Time) 3/10 in the G2 Bashford Manor Stakes at Churchill Downs.

Fourths
[color=blue]Ch. DoubleOrNothing, (6yo, A.P. Indy x By Honor Bound) 4/10 in the G2 Firecracker Breeders’ Cup at Churchill Downs behind stable-companion [color=blue]Hogsmeade. He is For Sale for $20k.
[color=blue]LiveLong&Prosper, (2yo, ICh. Spock x Inalillybit) 4/10 in the G2 Bashford Manor Stakes at Churchill Downs.
[color=red]Debatable Love, (2yo, GCh. Major’s Flight x Wavering Love) 4/10 in the G3 Debutante Stakes at Churchill Downs.

Also Ran
[color=red]Miss Livewire, (3yo, NCh. Gone Haywire x Fan into Flame) 5/10 in the G1 Prioress Stakes at Belmont.
[color=blue]Ch. Magic Roundabout, (3yo, ICh. Magic Glory x What’s That About) 6/13 in the G1 July Cup in England.
[color=red]Ch. Knight’s Match, (3yo, ICh. Chivalry x Match Me Up) 7/10 in the G3 Debonair Stakes in Australia.

My stakes ponies finally did really well. Undercard was eh.

Winners
Black Cherry (High Chances) won his 6th stakes win of the year. Really super pleased with this boy.
Chance of Rain (High Chances) was back in top form, winning a 10f Gr.2 stakes.
Nairobi (Dark Continent) was  a bit of a surprise, but she won the Gr.3 Debutante Stakes.
Asking For It (Void) earned his second lifetime win in his NW2.
Setlik (Highland Magic) won her OA against a field of boys.

Place
Jester’s Crown (Foolhardy) was 2nd against her stablemate Chance of Rain in their stakes race.

Show
Toast of the Town (Takemetohollywood) was 3rd in a race that was a touch too long for her; she led the race until the end.
Desertification (Strider) was 3rd in his OA.

One of our worst days this year, though most brought home money:

11(7) - 2(1) - 2(1) - 2(1) - 2(2)

WINS

[color=blue]Ponte Vecchio (2yo, Unabridged) won his NW2, breaking his maiden in his 3rd attempt.  He’s 1/2 to MSW Ch. Oh So Proud, SW Chicago’s Demon, and SP Oh So Famous.

[color=blue]Laevateinn (2yo, Sleipnir) won the G2 Bashford Manor Stakes, his first stakes win.  Both of his 1/2 siblings are stakes winners as well.  Dagnabit, I wish I hadn’t sold his dam!!

PLACES

[color=red]Newyorknewyork (2yo, Stressed) was 2nd in her NW2.  She’s only finished in the top 3 so far.  Both of her 1/2 siblings are also stakes winners.

[color=blue]Ch. Fight The Twilight (3yo, Nightfight) was 2nd in the G3 Stars and Stripes Breeders’ Cup.  He loves playing second fiddle, arg.

SHOWS

[color=blue]Copycat (2yo, Mr. Prospective) was 3rd in his NW3.  It’s his second time on the board in 4 starts.  Apparently he and his 1/2 brother, Mimic, had a pact to finish 3rd today…

[color=blue]Ch. Mimic (3yo, I’m Your Angel) was 3rd in the G3 Debonair Stakes.  He’s always been in the top 3 in stakes races this year.

FOURTHS

[color=red]Alakazam (3yo, Highland Magic) was 4th in the G1 Prioress Stakes.  It was her first stakes attempt.

[color=red]Ch. D’lightful (4yo, High Chances) was 4th in the G3 Tiverton Stakes.  It was a tough 16f.

OFF THE BOARD

Ch. Cuchulain (4yo, Irish River) was 5th in his OA.
Ch. Lovespell (4yo, Magic Cross) was 5th in the G2 New York Handicap.
Ch. Allinvain (4yo, Worth My While) was 8th in the G1 July Cup.