5/31

Good Day :slight_smile:

[color=green]Braveheart started off the day with a lovely 2nd, loosing only by a nose! He will be returning to Stillwater tomorrow as the lease will be up. What a great way to finish off the lease! Thanks Shanthi! He’s an awesome horse!

2yo [color=blue]Country Drive brought home a puzzling 8th. He just never fired and I think he’s tired so he’s goin home for a while.

[color=blue]Atlas ran 3rd in his allowance. I am so proud of this guy. He’s just blooming! A few more steady allowances and maybe we’ll stick him in a stakes race! [Thanks to Andrea for letting us lease him!]

[color=green]American Made our tried and true starter horse ran a nice 2nd in his allowance. He’s been from 5f-9f on the turf this year performing well on all of them! :slight_smile: Good Boy!

Two good races and one disappointing:
[color=green]
Beyond The Galaxy
went above and beyond our expectations and went wire to wire in his 2 YO Stakes race. He’s been running nicely and consistently but after his last stakes start we weren’t sure he ready for the high caliber races yet.

I was leery about racing [color=red]Golden Angel since she is too small and has all ready picked up a few injuries but she was so plucky and insistent during her far and few between workouts I decided to let her run in an allowance where she took a 6th in a full field. Very happy with this girl.

[color=red]Estimated Prophet continues to baffle me in her run/don’t run patterns. Sometimes she likes her races one after another, sometimes she wants a long break, sometimes she likes to close, sometimes she likes to wire, sometimes she loves dirt, other days it’s turf… the list goes on. sigh Finicky mare :slight_smile:

Gambler’s Road is one of my most consistent horses, and today he proved it yet again, wiring his 13.5f allowance by 24 1/2. We’ll keep him in England and look for a stakes next time out.

Clever Victory is also proving to be one of our more consistent runners, placing 3/7 in his allowance.

A good day for us today.

Southern Treasure came a solid second in her allowance. Useful filly.

Donnacona came fourth over what I think was a slightly short distance for her.

Not going to even mention Doyoubelievenmagic’s performance. Oh well, I did.

Highlight of the day was Obcityian winning a turf allowance at Del Mar. He -almost- wired it. Kadillac ran an unhappy sixth in the same race.

Very happy with today! Seven starts for three wins, three seconds and one third!

[color=red]Shades was first out running a nice second in her 6.5f NW2 Allowance for 2yo F. Really happy with that run which has been her best result to date.
[color=blue]Aperture was next and he also ran second in his race, a 6f NW3 Allowance for 2yo. Pretty happy with that but would love him to break his maiden.
[color=green]Goforbust made his American debut with a win in a 12f Allowance for 3yo. Really happy with this and I’ll probably wait for a low grade stakes for his next start.
[color=green]So Assertive also won his first American start in a 10f Allowance for 3yo. I think he’s more an allowance runner, but he might start in a suitable ungraded stakes.
[color=green]Fight Another Day ran a nice enough third in a 6f Allowance for 2yo. It was a improved run on his last start, but looking to get him another win soon.
[color=green]River of Fire won his first stakes in the 15f Gr. 2 Finesse Juvenile for 3yo. He was a $5,000 claimer so I’m really happy with him so far.
[color=green]Geneva Convention ran a tidy second in the 7f Gr. 1 National Stakes for 2yo. He won his last start but has been away from home for a while so we’ll see how he recovers before entering him again in England.

Very good day.  Paychecks all around.

Started the day with Forgotten Road, a Cross Roads filly, coming in 3rd.  She’s still to break her maiden, but I’m sure with the right equipment this one’s going to be one to watch.

Fit to be Jim came in 2nd in an allowance.  She’s been out in England for a while, so I’m not surprised that she is no longer getting the easy wins.  We’ll probably keep her out there for another race or two and then bring her home for some well deserved rest.

McTaggert continues to be ornery and run mid-pack, no matter what I throw him at.  He came in 4th in an endurance race.  Wonder if he needs a new jock.

BlessinginDisguise finally seems to be perking up.  He came in 3rd in an NW3 allowance against a full field.

Man, I love this filly: Assault By Number won her first stakes against a mixed field.  Granted, it’s
an ungraded stakes, but she’s been doing really well this year and has placed either 1st or 2nd in all but one start.  Quite the keeper.

Eh.  So-so day for Ivy Creek today:

First race was a claimer, in which we successfully claimed a pretty 2YO Gallant Fox daughter, [color=red]Lucky Fox.  With her sire being silver-rated and mom being a multi-winner (and a multi-winner from a PLATINUM-rated dam and silver-rated sire, at that), we expect that she’ll probably have some power.  Today was her first race ever, and she pulled through with a 2nd/6…so we’ll see!  Either way, we’re happy to have this gal in our lineup.

Next was our previous claim, 2YO [color=blue]Dead In Time.  We hope his name isn’t foreshadowing anything!  Either way, he didn’t like the going today (dirt) as much as he seemed to like last time’s surface (turf).  He came home 4th/6, which isn’t as good as his 2nd last time out.  Guess we’ve got more fiddling to do with this guy!

Next up was 2YO [color=red]Song Of Singapore, who made her dirt debut today as well.  She apparently likes the number nine - she finished 9th/10 today, and last time out (over turf), she came home 9th/12.  How do we convince her that ‘one’ is a much better number?  She’s 15.3hh, so I don’t think she’s necessarily immature…hmm.  Lots to figure out about this one.  Oh, the joy of 2YOs…

She was followed by 3YO [color=red]Star of the Show, who has ran consistantly this year…midpack.  She followed suit today with a 4th/6.  On the plus side, she’s also had a consistantly moderate SF (not the dreaded ‘0’), ranging from 30-77 each time.  Maybe I just need to choose her races (and, indirectly, her company) more wisely.

Another former claimer, 3YO [color=blue]Premiere Night, continues to shine, finishing 2nd/6 in his race.  That puts his 2012 record to 4 starts (1-1-2-0).  Thank goodness at least SOME of my horses don’t like dirt in their faces!  :stuck_out_tongue:

2YO [color=red]Demand Drama, a filly who, on paper, looks like she ought to be a monster (or so we hoped).  Though her lines are created, she stands over 16hh already and is a rich dark grey.  However, she hasn’t really fired in her races to date - she ran 10th/12 today.  However, in her defense, she did break 12th and move up throughout the sprint…  Apparently we just need to work on her starts and/or give her more room to run.  Or maybe she just prefers dirt - we haven’t tried that one yet.

Finishing up the day was 6YO [color=red]Wag the Dog, our flashy strawberry roan gal.  While she normally proves she has enough spunk to take on the youngsters, she failed to impress today with a dismal 6th/6.  That’s ok, though, because we had booked her to Nightfight earlier this week, so the timing is perfect.  We just realized she’s hardly earning her keep as a runner anymore (though she was impressive in her youth), so we’d give her a shot at motherhood.  Wish she could have ended on a better note, though!  But this was probably her way of saying she was ready to retire, which of course makes me feel better about the decision (it always seems like a hard one to make).

Not For Love was our only runner out and he came home in fine style, winning his race. He’s a great boy, his record for this year coming to 3 2-1-0-0. We’re really pleased with his performances and will probably send him to the U.S. after the end of the English racing season. Our two year olds have all been great for us this year, we can’t complain  ;D

Im actually pretty pleased had just 3 racers out and 2 out of 3 in the money

It was Point of Ra’s first time out, i stuck him in an allowance (6f turf NW-2) and he ran away with it wire to wire.He not only broke his maiden race but an allowance race at that and he won by 85 3/4 lengths. This was one of my first ever foals, even though i didn’t breed him, i am extremely proud.

second to come home with some money, another colt , Outfoxx who had not really done much yet, he just didn’t seem to try, he dropped into 3rd and stayed there the whole race, needs to be kicked up a notch.

and last i am stumped with this guy, he was doing well and now hes not even trying, Man in the Moon, he started out 5th and dropped to 7th where he decided to just jog along for the race. second time out this yr both dif races to see what he likes and he ran the same both times out.

Bucking Tiger finished a good fourth in his race. I might have to fiddle with him but it looks like he’s found a home on turf routes. I hope he’ll improve in his next race. Can’t wait for this weekend, though, since my best horse is running in an ungraded stakes at Belmont. Hope he does well; it’s at his optimum distance and on a surface he performs well.