4/12

Good Day here!

Dardanelle came home with a 2nd to Ch. Gilttogo so we’re very impressed by our lil lady!

Please Hold came home with a 9th. He’s older but idk. I just can;t get him up to the same level he was last year.

Please Hold’s race was won by Cat’s “Horse”. Must say-Love her name!!

Our two year old [color=green]Simply Thorny ran 6th/8 which isn’t too bad. He’s remaining consistent in his times so no worries.

[color=green]Mocktail ran 7th in his stakes race. Not unhappy with this, we’re still figuring each other out :slight_smile:

[color=green]Unique Opportunity  ran the same race and came in 1s continuing his undefeated 5Y/O racing year :smiley:

Great day here at Ivy Creek:

Sent two 2YOs out in the same race.  [color=green]Fly Away, the taller of the two (15.1hh vs. 14.3hh) came home 2nd, with [color=green]B A Cowboy following in his hoofsteps, leading the rest of the pack’s attempt to catch the long-gone leaders.  Not a bad start for two babies!

6YO [color=red]Wag the Dog came home a solid 3rd/6 in her Starter Allowance.  We considered retiring her to brood this year after recently claiming her, but she’s proven to be such a solid placer that we couldn’t quite justify it.  She’ll continue thoughout the year, barring any major performance drops or injuries or something.  So look for this lovely roan gal this season!

4 out with mixed results :-

Doctor John came home 6th out of 6 in an Allowance race , just did not like the wet conditions.

Blushing Charisma - Came home 7th out of 10 in a Group 3 Steeplechase - Not bad as 15F is alot further than he has ever gone before.

Victory Forever - Came home 2nd out of 6 in a NW2 race - he just keeps on placing

Great One - 1st out of 6 in A NW2 race - first win for our stable after 7 runs

Mostly disappointing day here.  Only one horse finished in the money, a recent claimer named Black Crimson, and that was only fourth place. 

Penny Lane finished 9th and I Toad You So apparently never even got out of the gate, finishing 7th in his 5.5 furlong race.  I can’t seem to figure him out just yet, hopefully soon though.  :stuck_out_tongue:

A pretty pleasing day for Coleman Branch, with three out and three in the top four in each of their races.  

[color=red]Splendid Silence broke her maiden and took first of ten in a 5.5f race full of 2yo fillies.  I’m definitely glad we tried some equipment.  

[color=blue]Seeking the Stars, a recent claim, finished fourth of six in a 6.5 NW2.  We’re happy about his SF.  

[color=blue]Highland Gamble ran fourth in the 8f Mamzelle Stakes, posting a 109 SF against some really good horses.  

Not a great day, but it could be better.  

Desert Heat ran 5th.  Could be the surface (wet turf), or could be the fact that Desert’s immature (only 14.2hh, despite his February birthday).  Not bad, but not great.

Unconditional came in 5th in an allowance race she should have won.  With 50 races, 11 wins, 7 of them being stakes–it was time to retire her.  We had hoped to breed her to High Chances, but unfortunately they are both of the Highland Rogue line (he’s their grandsire).  So, we’ll do the next best thing, and send her to High Chance’s nephew, WCh. I’m Your Angel.

Unnamed continues to disappoint.  She came in 6/13, which I guess is an improvement.  Sadly, not the monster we’ve been hoping for.  Maybe she’s just immature.  At 16.1hh, I very much doubt it–but a girl can dream!

Horse continues to do well.  She won her starter allowance, and after some rest we might start looking at some larger allowances.  Very pleased with this one.  A bargain for $5,000.

Long Live the King didn’t win, like we had hoped, but he did come in a very nice 2nd behind the very nice Unique Opportunity.  Still hoping to studify this one.  Gotta keep our fingers crossed.

Fear Factor ran an uninspired 7th.  However, he’s been in Australia for a while now.  It’s time to bring him home.

;D not to bad a day here we sent 4 out

[color=blue]But I Digress who we claimed during his 1st race won his Allowence race and is now 3-2-1-0-0
[color=red]Lady Wizard  was next out in the Gr.1 Crown Oaks which we are happy to say she won not bad for a claimer  :stuck_out_tongue: … I just love her breeeding full of class
[color=red]Lovermore  sent out in the Gr.2 Linlithgow stakes and neva looked like winning finishing 8th
and our last horse to run was [color=blue]Force Ten … Ran in the Gr.2 Black Stakes and ran 2nd last

The kids did pretty well today…

[color=blue]Final Quest came of a layoff to break his maiden easily in a NW2.  Hopefully he needed a little time at the farm to mature and, now that he’s had a taste of it, he’ll keep winning!

[color=red]Irish Eyes ran 4th of 6 in her short maiden.  Probably will give her some more distance next time out.

[color=red]Littleover tried to run in the Ungraded Smart Halo Stakes over fences.  The competition was a little stiff for her, and she ran a decent 6th.

[color=blue]Player ran in the Grade II Black Stakes.  That field was all over the place!  After running back from 9th place, he was caught in the last 1/16th of a mile and was beaten by 1/2.  We’ll still take it though.  The place makes him GCh. Player and he’s just a few thousand shy of his multi-millionaire status with a record for the year of 7(7)–4(4)-2(2)-0-0.  Probably one more start before heading back to the farm.

[color=blue]Scintillation ran a huge race in a very large field to take 2nd.  Very happy with that performance.  May start looking for a lighter stakes for him.

[color=blue]Touch Football ran a nice race in his open allowance.  He was winning going into the final furlong, but was caught and finished a nice 2nd.

So Im very happy with the kids today!

Battle Hill had mixed results… some really good and some not so good…

1st out was [color=Blue]Dark Laird Breaking his maiden in his first outing… by going 1st/8 in a 5.5f NW2 allowance on dirt for 2 y/o… By GCh. Highland Laird and out of Platinum ranked Black Swan… I’ve been after Shanthi to buy this colt since he was a weanling… she finally leased him to me! Thank you Shanthi…

2nd out was [color=red]Sultry Perfume coming home 1st/9 in a 6f allowance on dirt for 3y/o+ F/M… a recent claimer… I’d originally claimed her to use as a broodmare… but her race record this year is 5 - 3 - 2 - 0 - 0… I’ve decided to race her this year and see where she can go… I’ll be looking for a lower level stakes for her next race…

3rd out was [color=red]Metallic Jade she came in 5th/9 in a 5.5f allowance on turf for 3 y/o+ F/M… I think she needs a res at the farm this was a little disappointing after her 2nd place finish in a stake last time out…

4th out was [color=red]Winged Victory she came in 6th/6 in a 11.5f allowance SC for 3 y/o… I’m still working on figuring this girl out… when we switched her to SC she did her best effort… still looking for that elusive win for her…

5th out was [color=red]OnlyTheTaillights she came in 2nd/6 in a 5.5f maiden on turf for 3 y/o+ F/M… I’m happy with this placing… she’s still looking for that elusive win…

6th out was [color=red]Diamonora she came in 6th/6 in 8.5f NW3 allowance on turf for 3 y/o F… this was her first outing under Battle Hill colors… she need a bit more experience on the track…

7th out was [color=red]Sky Heights she came in 8th/10 in the La Troienne Stakes it’s 9f on dirt for 3 y/o… She was in very stiff compition… she’ll need more experience before she hits another stakes…

All in all… 7 out 2 wins a second and a 5th for purse money… not a bad day…

Aw, congrats on DL’s win!  Go Laird babies. :slight_smile: