4/10

Minus two stakes outings, we did very well!

[color=red]Temple Maid (Worthy My While) found the winner’s circle again with a 1st/6 in her NW2.
[color=blue]Stressful Reality (2yo, Stressful) debuted a winner! 1st/14 in a Maiden, scoring by 4-3/4 lengths.

[color=blue]Devil’s Advocate (Crystal Rainbow) ran 2nd/6 in his NW2.
[color=green]Vuela Vuela (Point Given) was 2nd/6 in his OA.

Also-rans: [color=blue]Bandwagon (5th, NW3), [color=blue]Red Dog (6th, Ungr.), [color=green]A Knight’s Tale (11th, Ungr.).

Good day, only four out but everyone bought home a paycheck  :slight_smile:

[color=blue]Crystal Wizard (4yo Crystal Rainbow) won his OA, his 2nd win this year  :slight_smile:

[color=red]Raising Keene (3yo Harvard Bound) won her NW1, breaking her maiden  :slight_smile:

[color=blue]The Great Pumpkin (2yo Boldness Shows) was 3rd of 10 on his debut (NW2).

[color=red]Timeless Classic (6yo I’m A Classic) is only running to get the 10 starts needed to join the broodmare ranks next year but finished an OK 4th in her NW3.

Good day! Half the ponies came home in the top 4, and that included racing almost all babies.

WINS:
[color=blue]Holy Ground (2yo, Holy Bull) in a NW1. This one’s half-brother to MSWs Morgan le Fay and Lamia, from a mare we lost during foaling this spring. Super happy with a win first time out, and hope it continues.

[color=red]One More Star (2yo, A.P. Indy) in a NW2. She’s half-sister to MSWs Doc Hollywood, Spoils of War, Clockstopper, and Gift of Gold.

PLACE:
[color=blue]Sand Castle (2yo, Crystal Rainbow) in a NW3. First foal from his MSP dam.

SHOW:
[color=blue]Epic Proportions (3yo, Giant’s Causeway) in the Wood Memorial. Still looking for a stakes win from this guy, but at least he’s consistent.

Good day! I only ran 3 (forgot to enter more, i’m in finals right now!) but i’m pretty happy with them!

[color=blue]Naval Commander (3yo, I’m Your Angel) was the highlight winning the Wood Memorial! This is his 3rd win in a row, all stakes races. His biggest win, he is now a millionaire. His dam, Fleet Goddess is also now Gold rated, good day!

[color=red]Desert Mirage (3yo, Point Given) ran 3rd in an OA steeplechase

[color=blue]Face The Fire (3yo, I’m Your Angel) ran a disappointing 6th. Not sure whats up with him, he is very unpredictable

Could have used a little more prize money, set it off and a disappointing 5th in his G-1 :frowning:
But out of 11 out 7 were 5th or better , might be having an auction here soon.

Wins
[color=blue]Dream Walker (GDR)  walked away with his NW-2 wiring the race breaking his maiden with style

Places
[color=red]Societies Best leading her stablemate ikari to a 2/4 finish in an Nw-2
[color=red]Count Me Twice in an Nw-1

Showed
[color=blue]GhostintheDarkness (Starzen)  in an Nw-3

4th/5th
[color=blue]Ikari in an Nw-2 following the mare to the finish line guess he liked the view! Lol (4)

[color=blue]Dontquityourdayjob (my lucky day) in a maiden(5)
[color=blue]Set it off in the wood memorial (5)

Sent out 12 runners, only 6 came back in the top 4.

1 Win
[color=red]G.Ch. Hi Honey, (4yo, Foolhardy x Cherokee Accent) 1/13 in the Ung Aventura Stakes at Gulfstream. After finishing runner-up in her last 3 starts, it was nice to see her get back onto the winning trail again.

2 Seconds
[color=blue]Venture His Due, (3yo, Devil His Due x Risky Venture) 2/7 in an NW2 at Gulfstream.
[color=red]DashingCoronaRose, (3yo, Worth my While x By By Birdie) 2/13 in the G3 Jacques Cartier Stakes at Woodbine. Only a nose behind the winner with the same SF.

1 Third
[color=blue]Executive Dreamer, (3yo, Alley Cat x Executive Session) 3/10 in the G3 Chatham Stakes in Australia.

2 Fourths
[color=blue]Superdocious, (3yo, Worth the Wait x Whistlin’ Dixie) 4/10 in the G1 Wood Memorial at Aqueduct. Beaten about 1 1/2 lengths, he had the same SF as the winner.
[color=red]Whats Believeable, (4yo, What’s Debatable x By By Birdie) 4/10 in the G2 Whimsical Stakes at Woodbine. Less than a length behind the winner and had the same SF.

Also Ran
[color=red]Kinda Flighty, (2yo, Major’s Flight x Kinda Sassy) 10/10 in an NW2 in England.
[color=red]Knight’s Match, (3yo, Chivalry x Match Me Up) 5/10 in the G1 Carter Handicap at Aqueduct, in which stable-companion [color=red]Ch. Sand Dune, (3yo, Giant’s Causeway x Dayatthebeach) was 6th. Disappointing performances, however, they are both headed to the UK for the Irish and English Triple Crowns.
[color=blue]Ch. Rebel Brother, (5yo, Backseat Driver x Movie Mistress) 6/10 in the G2 Juvenile Steeplechase in England. He hasn’t recaptured his form of last year. Perhaps he will be dropped back to running in Allowance races.
[color=blue]Ch. Shiloh’s Hill, (4yo, Worth the Wait x Whistlin’ Dixie) 6/10 in the G1 Melbourne Cup in Australia. Beaten about 1/2 length and had the same SF as the winner. Stable-companion [color=blue]Ch. Liberty Creek, (5yo, Omaha x Skip the Secrets) finished 8th.

My funds are lower than they have been in years, and my horses don’t seem to care if we can’t afford the good hay anymore.  :frowning:

[color=blue]Carbine ran in his debut, a 5.5f Maiden for 2yo (D) and placed 2nd/14. I have high hopes for this little one that he might pick up where 1/2 brother Ch. Alfresco left off.

[color=red]Ch. Eloquence ran in 7.5f Gr. 3 Jacques Cartier Stakes for 3yo+ (SC) and placed 4th/13. Still has some performance in her!

[color=red]Delightful Queen ran in 8.5f Allowance for 3yo+ F/M (T) and placed 4th/7.

[color=red]Scottish Magic ran in her debut, a 5.5f Maiden for 2yo F (D) and placed 6th/14.

[color=red]Ch. Cathedral ran in 12.5f Ungr. Aventura Stakes for 4yo+ (T) and placed 12th/13. My first homebred might be over the hill. We’ll try only allowances from now on to see if she has anything left in her.

Just because it might be interesting, Cathedral, Eloquence, and Carbine are all 1/2 siblings… with Cathedral being a 6yo, Eloquence a 5yo, and Carbine a 2yo.

Today sucked. Sent out 5 and one came in 4th…

[color=blue]Imhotep (Akhetnaten) in an NW2 for 3yos

Decent week. Not bad at all. Just a bit of place-itis.

Wins
Longevity, a 2yo filly by Long Live the King and the first foal out of Lonely River. Lonely foals tend to peak early, but I’m hoping this filly we live up to her name.

Jester’s Crown, a 3yo filly by Foolhardy, continues to do well and won the Gr. 1 Carter Handicap. She also earned her GCh. title.

Places
Pyrrhic Victory, 2yo filly by V is for Victory, was 2nd against the boys. Dam was super promising as a 2yo and then she broke her leg. Hoping her foals are sturdier.

Belldandy, 4yo mare by Highland Wizard, is being super consistent at not winning this year, but at least she’s hitting the board?

Scarlet Fever, 3yo filly by DC, continues to show promise as she finishes 2nd in her maiden.

Nighttime Strider, a 3yo filly by Strider, finished 2nd in the Gr. Carter Handicap behind her stablemate Jester’s Crown.

Chance of Rain, a 4yo mare by High Chances, was 2nd in her long distance ungraded stakes.  Highlight of this was that Chance became HC’s first foal to reach the ICh. level.

Dal Riata, a game 5yo mare by Slew O’Scots, was 2nd in ungraded stakes.

Show

I’m Too Fast (I’m Your Angel), In Triplicate (Holy Bull), and Desertification (Strider) ran 3rd in their respective allowances.

I only sent out 4 because I’ve been lazy with entries, and still no 2YOs…but that’s probably best.  Everyone finished in the top two today.  :slight_smile:

WINS

[color=red]Ch. Oh So Proud (5yo, Highland Pride), my first homebred filly, continues to do well, winning her OA by over two lengths.  Another homebred, Briolette Of India, finished 3rd under Coleman Branch’s colors.  Good girls!

[color=red]Lovespell (4yo, Magic Cross) won her first stakes race, the ungraded Artax Handicap with an impressive speed factor of 268.

PLACES

[color=blue]Ch. Allinvain (4yo, Worth My While) finished 2nd in the G3 Chatham Stakes.  He has a G1 win under his belt, and has finished in the top 3 in 4 of 6 lifetime stakes starts.  Who knows if he will ever reach studhood, but I’m definitely proud (and a bit surprised!) at how far he has come so far.

And then there was “THE BIG RACE”, according to stable gossip.  Our Derby hopeful, [color=blue]GCh. Ducati (3yo, Magic Cross), was entered into the G1 Wood Memorial to test him against some other Derby hopefuls, at least in theory.  He’s been campaigned in what might be considered an unusual series of races designed to test & train him over more TC-like conditions (9-10f dirt), mostly in OAs.  He just came off a win out in California in the G2 San Felipe, but the Wood Memorial is a fulong longer distance and a considerable step up in class.  All of our operations - at the farm and at tracks around the world - came to a standstill as every stable affiliate was glued to the television for this race.  So much is riding on this boy.  He’s our first Derby hopeful ever.  It was an exciting race to watch.  Out of the gate, he broke a clean second from his outside post position, and held it until the 8f marker.  He steadily started gaining on the frontrunner, getting his nose in front before losing his lead in the last furlong.  Everyone is proud of our boy, though slightly disappointed not to see him win, of course.  Unfortunately, after the race, we discovered some swelling in his right hind leg (his first injury), which may have contributed by his sacrifice of the lead.  Thankfully, the vet doesn’t think it is anything serious, but we’re shipping him home to rest and be doted on by his fan club at the farm.  At this point, we still fully expect to enter him in the Derby for his next start, assuming he recovers well from this injury.  See you at Churchill Downs!