3/12

Much better day for the Hill.

This I Believe and Odysseus went 2-3 in their NW3 allowance.

Forgotten Road was 2nd on the turf (she’s normally a dirt girl)

Soupy continues to please, winning her NW2 allowance.  Of course, this is after I’ve sold her dam.  Bah.

Fleeting Beauty came in 8th in her stakes.

Toast of the Town did well, coming in 2nd in her Gr. 2; Maya was a disappointing 6th.

Canaryinacoalmine was a disappointing 8th in his Gr. 1.  We knew he was a long shot, but still…

Claimed [color=blue]New Rule for $5,000 in Santa Anita. He came 3rd in the 6.5f race

We only had one out today:

[color=red]Spice Spice Baby came in first in a tough field of 10 in an NW3 Allowance. Again, breaking from the gate first and keeping the lead all the way until the end! We’re very proud of this filly, she’s starting to live up to her stellar pedigree.  :slight_smile:

Mixed results today.

[color=blue]Hollywood Groove and [color=green]Space Rainbow finished 2nd-3rd/6 in their NW1.
[color=red]June My Love and [color=green]Space Agent finished 4th-11th/14 in a tough Allowance race.
[color=green]Fifteen Stripes and [color=red]Miss Victory finished 5th-14th/14 in an Allowance.
[color=red]Synbound and [color=green]Scrambled Egg were 8th-9th/14 in an Allowance. Synbound has been retired to the broodmare band.
[color=green]Sailor Hat won his 25k claimer against 5 others.
[color=red]Miss Townsend finished 2nd/6 in her Allowance.
[color=red]Walk the Line ran a respectable 4th in the Broadway Handicap against a tough field of fillies and mares.

After several weeks of ups and downs we had an awesome day today with my best filly Wiring her GR-2 race, I AM SO HAPPY!!

[color=red]Magic Carpet Ride in a 7.5f NW2 Allowance for 3yo Turf  [color=purple]FINISHED -3rd
[color=red]Danzin on a Star-14f Allowance for 4yo+Turf  [color=green]FINISHED - 11th IT WAS ABOUT 2F TOO LONG FOR HER
[color=red]Supersonic --8.5f Maiden for 3yo+ SC   [color=purple] FINISHED - 1st
[color=red]Mad Love - 6.0f Allowance for 3yo+ F,Dirt  [color=purple] FINISHED - 2nd [color=orange]<THESE TWO & v STABLEMATES RAN HEAD TO HEAD THE WHOLE RACE
[color=red]Nitemareon Elm St -6.0f Allowance for 3yo+ F, Dirt - [color=purple]FINISHED - 1st color=orange
[color=red]Highland Priestess -9.0f Gr. 2 Bonnie Miss Stakes for 3yo F, Turf -[color=purple] FINISHED -1st [color=red]WIRING THE RACE AM SO PROUD OF HER
SENT OUT ALL GIRLS OUT OF 6 ONLY ONE DIDN’T  BRING HOME ANY MONEY --6(1)-3(1)-1-1-0

Good day  :slight_smile:

[color=red]Juxtaposed and [color=red]Clannish won their respective allowance races  :smiley: These two running well at the moment.
[color=green]Icy Dice
  finished third in his claimer, best performance for a while and now eligible for starter allowances.

[color=green]My Kingdom ran 5th/11 in the Grade 3 Toboggan Handicap against a crazy tough field. No complaints!

I successfully picked up [color=blue]Moonduster in the $5000 claimer. He is a lovely big three-year-old colt by Unbridled (S) and out of silver-ranked broodmare, Built For The Lady. He ran 2nd/5 in his claiming race, and I’m really excited to see what he can do! He seems like he’s going to be a solid investment down the line.

Sophisticated Chic picks up the $1,000,000 G1 Florida Derby :slight_smile:

Not our best day.

Bathsheba was 8th/10 in the G1 Santa Margarita.

Beautiful Disaster was 8th/14 in a turf allowance.

After 4 consecutive second place finishes, Glasgow finally put it all together and broke her maiden in a turf nw1.

Haagen Daaz was 12th/14 in a turf allowance.

Ima Lucky Cat was 7th/14 in a dirt allowance.

Island Empire ran pretty well to finish 3rd/6 in a Dirt NW2.

We claimed Kiss For Luck for $20k. She’s by silver rated NCh. Slew O’Scots and is the first foal to race out of GCh. Studly Lady. She finished 3rd/6 today. She’s only 14.3hh and her pedigree suggests she has a little growing to do.

Millenium Falcon was 5th/14 in a dirt allowance.

Seeking Sadler didn’t fare so well in the Bonnie Miss, finishing 10th/10.

Soft Whispers was 5th/6 in a turf allowance for fillies and mares.

Take Me To Alaska was 10th/10 in the G1 Santa Margarita.

Voyeur finished 5th/14 in another attempt to break his maiden.

Sent 3 out, and boy, our new training program seems to be helping our ponies get back in shape.

4YO [color=red]TWIRLAWAY (x Whirlaway) won her NW1 - she led most of the way, then gave us a scare as she let 4 ponies pass her before really digging back in.  The girl has grit!

3YO [color=red]DOVETAIL (x created) had one of the tougher fields to deal with, finishing 7th/10 in her NW3, but earning a really high SF of 144.  I want to try her on dirt again for her next start.

But the star of the day was the “oldest and wisest” of the three - 5YO [color=red]BOLD JEWEL (x Bold Ruler) proved that she’s still got it, after we halfway considered retiring her to brood this spring.  Today she won the ungraded Broadway Handicap in a very large, very competitive field.  She’s won 3 of her last 6 stakes starts, and is definitely a big moneymaker (it’s my fault she hasn’t gotten to run more often).  Can’t wait to see what else she can do!

Had a nasty stomach bug yesterday, but two out of three in the winner’s circle was a nice silver lining.

[color=blue]Chapter And Verse won his NW1 in his first start for us and earned back his claiming tag. Hopefully there’s more to come from this nicely bred boy.

[color=red]Swan Princess was 7th/10 in the Bonnnie Miss Stakes. Not sure if she was just outclassed or what, but I may give her another shot at stakes in the future. She was only beaten 3+ lengths, so we’ll see.

And…
[color=green]Got Moxie, making his first start under our colors, won the G3 Toboggan Handicap and gave us our first stakes win EVER! :smiley: We’re absolutely thrilled by his perfomance, and would like to profusely thank Stillwater for giving us the opportunity to purchase him. He’ll be getting all sorts of treats!

Woo, congrats! :slight_smile: I knew he’d go on to great things (after gelding, of course :wink:).

Thanks! :slight_smile: