3/1

No Authority was the only horse I ran today. She was running poorly so I decided to switch her to Steeplechase, apparently I made a good choice! She had 30:1 odds, was in a race full of boys and she still beat them by 68 lengths. Pretty exciting stuff

WE had a decent day here. :slight_smile:

Tawriffic Tiger continues to improve bringing home a forth over a distance that was too short for his crazy long likings.

American Made came in 2nd over a 5f race. His first race under 7.5f. We were very proud!

And finally we made our 2nd successful claim of the year-Dancing Forbidden, a 4yo Mare. She came in 6th with a bowed tendon, but we are excited to have her. :slight_smile:

Only one out for us, but we’re happy.

Out of Control, 3yo 1/2 sister to MSW Can’t Catch Me (and others), finished a solid 2nd in her NW2 allowance.  She’ll head home for a rest before venturing out again.

Pretty good day here…

[color=red]Irish Eyes, a recent claim, did not like the blinkers and expressed that through a 5th in her allowance.

Claimed [color=red]Littleover from a SC claimer. She wired her race in her first SC start.  This filly has won and on the dirt and over fences now and has never had another horse in front of her at any point in her 3 lifetime starts.  I’m very excited to get her and work with her!

Lastly, [color=blue]Street Doctor ran in an allowance down at Gulfstream.  He broke his maiden last time out after many 2nd place finishes and I think he realized that winning is fun!  He also wired his race.

A disappointing outing for [color=red]Notice Me once again.  I swear I’m going to find out what she likes eventually.  She ran 8th in a 9f NW2. 

Things improved a bit with a successful claim on [color=red]Date With Destiny, a 4yo steeplechaser with 12/14 races in the money for her lifetime and 2-1/1/0/0 for the year. 

Three horses out, three paychecks.

First out was 3yo Elude.  She had a shaky 3yo year, running under FF colors, but we felt she had potential.  She brought home a solid third in her allowance.  She ran a solid fourth before moving up at the very end, so we’ll try her just a tad longer or maybe with blinkers next.

Crestfallen was next out in another allowance.  She ran a solid third also.  Like Elude, she came up hard int he end but just couldnt make it.  Cresftallen just need a slightly shorter race though.

Quiet Appeal was out along with Crestfallen.  She managed a 2nd place, just infront of Crestfallen.  She couldnt catch the winner though, which is a shame.  Quiet Appeal will be looking into a stakes next.

Went in with none, came home with one:

We claimed 6YO [color=red]Dixie Love who bombed her race (6th/6), but she looks to be over the hill anyway.  So instead, that made her a cheap $5k broodmare (with lots of chrome, yay!), which I’m grateful to have.  She seems to have preferred turf in her “youth” (ha…5YO year), so we might try crossing her with a turf stally.  Alley Cat, perhaps?  We’ll see.

Woo, it was an awesome day!

We claimed Go West, who won her claiming race. Looking forward to see how she does for us.

Optimistic placed right smack in the middle of the field, 7th of 12.

Lastly, Zoo Music Girl made us really proud in the ungr. Busher Stakes. Granted, it may have been a different story if Gingham had not faded, but Zoomie stalked her and was there to pounce on the lead when the opportunity came. I bought this filly as a baby at the weanling sale in my first year as a stable, so I think I’ve come as close to raising her as one can get without actually breeding a foal. So I’m super-proud of the girl. She’s getting triple rations of sugar and rubs tonight. :slight_smile:

A so-so day here…

Today we claimed Admiral’s Color’s for $5k. I like her pedigree a lot and for $5k you can’t go wrong!

At Worlds End ran a pretty good race in a NW1 for 3yo against the boys. She was beaten by the two males in the field but finished well. 3rd/8.

Ice Princess ran a nice race against the boys in her third steeplechase start. She stalked the leader but didn’t have enough to get past him. 2nd/6.

In the same race, Kill A Mockingbird looked miserable out there, she ran dead last the whole way round the track. She may like to run marathon steeplechases…she broke her maiden over the hurdles going 12f.

Plead Silence didn’t run well but he didn’t lose ground either in a NW3 on the dirt. He may need to mature a but more…it says he should mature between 15.1hh - 16.1 and seeing as he’s 15.2hh he may have a little more growing to do. We’ll keep our hopes up.

Sheza Belle ran mid-field throughout in the GII Rampart Handicap finishing 5th/10. Not bad.

Storming River ran mid-pack but faded in a 13f steeplechase allowance to finish 6th/7. He is eight-years-old so I don’t expect much from him. I’ll see if I can find a shorter race for him and see how he runs.

I was going to be concerned if Subzero Justice didn’t run well in the open allowance against fillies and mares that I put her in. My worries were unjustified though as she grabbed the lead at the start and never looked back winning by over 16 lengths. She’ll head out in a stakes next time out.

Wow!  Haven’t a such a good day in awhile.
We sent out Gilded Art in and 11 furlong NW1 allowance race, he just broke his maiden last time out and he is keeping up his winning streak.  He seemed to love the added distance and won by a convincing 59 lengths.  Way to go big boy!  Maybe a stakes in his future?

Then we put in a claim for the 6 year old mare, CheckTheBarnDoor and we got her.  She was a $5,000 claim and she won her race, look out for her in a Starter Allowance race to get up some more confidence, or maybe she is ready to face open company?

Unique Opportunity keeps on impressing me with his and our first G1 Stakes win in the Toorak Handicap! It was close but he held it wire to wire and I couldn’t be more proud of my boy for holding his own. This makes his racing this year undefeated and makes this the 5th out of 6th Stakes win for him.

The Ways of Magic ran 2nd in his Allowance which makes me happy. So far this guy is a pretty consistent runner and for a $5000 claimed horse that makes me happy. I was thinking about selling him but maybe we’ll hold on for a few more races.

London Eye ran last in her race but that wasn’t unexpected. She’s back at the farm for a good rest.

Had a GREAT day! Possibly the best of the year…

SpritofArabia and Immortal Diva both went out in a SC allowance. The girls ran a great race finishing first and second.

Five Star Hotel became the newest addition to Vaucluse Farms after she was claimed by us after a second plae finish.

Unshakeable continued her fantastic run this year with a great first in her allowance. She’s won three from three this year so I’m ready to send this sister of King David out in a stakes next start. She’s taken so long to mature, but this could be her year!

While It Lasts was the run of the day for me with an unexpected win in the grade one Caulfield Stakes. I was so stoked when I saw her win as I haven’t had a big stakes win yet this year. She’ll keep plugging away this year as she’s been running really well placing in the top two in each of her four starts this year.

So we had three wins and two seconds from five starters! We also rocketed to third place on the money earners table for the year which I’m also pretty pleased with seeing as it has taken a little while for me to get things back together! :wink: