2012 Color War Results

Yeah it was a pretty darn good year :smiley:
Congrats to all. Here’s to 2013
Thanks to my team and Brenda for putting up with me as the rookie co-captain :smiley:

Hey Rainee,
We were both rookie Captains.
We both learned a lot and I know things will be different if I get to be a Captain again.  I have a hard time sharing, as you found out, BUT I know I can do tons better on the next team.

You would be an excellent Captain and any team would be proud to have you. 

I was proud of our team, and all the races that were put up, and the excellent ideas for trying to figure out our “problem kids.”

Many thanks to Bam for being a great captain especially the last few weeks when you were on your own.  :slight_smile: and to the other members who have been so good to play CW with - may we meet up again this year
AND - I’m back in the game Yipee!!! I won’t have to sell my horses to keep going.
Looking forward to this years CW

Thanks Shanthi. This was my first CW and I had fun.

Bam (and while she was still playing, Keira). Thanks for being a great Captain. Hopefully. I can be on your team again next time. I’m even willing to try Captain or Co-Captain.

Wow, what a fun year.  Even if I was forced to get a little inactive towards the end of the game.  Way to go Sunnyside Ups and thanks to Dawn for being such an awesome co-captain!  Thanks to you as well, Shanthi, for letting us play such a great game.

Part Three - Horses

OK, for horse prizes…in the past I’ve hand-selected horses you can choose from.  But I’m lazy, and short on time.  So instead, I will post horse types/ages/quality levels that you can choose from.  You run the search, pick your horse(s), and post here.  First come, first served, I reserve the right to refuse any requests.

For broodmares: You may not pick any Reine-de-Course mares

You may pick either:

• A broodmare in foal for 2013
    or
  • A 2yo and a yearling or weanling (2yo + yearling or 2yo + weanling, only 2 horses total)

[b]Please post:

• What team you’re on
  • Copy/paste the section for you/your team’s requirements (listed below)
  • Horse’s URL
  • Horse’s Name
  • Horse’s YOB
  • Horse’s Parents (and their breed rankings)
  • Horse’s breed ranking (if applicable)
  • Stud fee (for mares in foal, or sires of younger horses)[/b]

[hr][/hr]

The Afterburners
Broodmares: 4-12yo, Any breed ranking level, bred to a stud of any quality, any race record
Other horses: 0-2yo, Parents may be any breed ranking level and any race record

Exceptions:
Lisa (Good Company) - Broodmare must be in foal to a stud whose fee is $30,000 or less; younger horses’ sire fee must be $30,000 or less

Sunnyside Ups
Broodmares: 4-12yo, Gold level or lower, bred to a stud whose fee is $50,000 or less, maximum of 2 SWs (if raced)
Other horses: 0-2yo, Parents must be gold level or lower, Sire’s fee must be $50,000 or less, dam must have a max of 2 SWs if raced

Exceptions:
Diana (Coleman Branch), Dawn (Battle Hill Farm), Maya (Pemberley Estates), Teri (Starview Racing, Inc.): Broodmares may be in foal to a stud whose fee is any amount; younger horses’ sire fee may be any amount

Lady Marmalades
Broodmares: 8-16yo, Gold level or lower, bred to a stud whose fee is $30,000 or less, must not have any SWs (if raced)
Other horses: 0-2yo, Parents must be gold level or lower, Sire’s fee must be $30,000 or less, dam must not have any SWs if raced

Exceptions:
Rhiannon (Morning Star Farms): Broodmare must be in foal to a stud whose fee is $10,000 or less; younger horses’ sire fee must be $10,000 or less

Leaping Leprechauns:
Broodmares: 4-12yo, Silver level or lower, bred to a stud whose fee is $20,000 or less, must not be stakes placed/winner (if raced)
Other horses: 0-2yo, Parents must be silver level or lower, Sire’s fee must be $20,000 or less, dam cannot be stakes winner/placed

Exceptions:
None

Indigo Montoya:
Broodmares: 4-12yo, Bronze level or lower, bred to a stud whose fee is $20,000 or less, must not be stakes placed/winner (if raced)
Other horses: 0-2yo, Parents must be bronze level or lower, Sire’s fee must be $20,000 or less, dam cannot be stakes winner/placed

Exceptions:
None

Blue Bloods:
Broodmares: 4-12yo, Bronze level or lower, bred to a stud whose fee is $10,000 or less, must not be stakes placed/winner (if raced)
Other horses: 0-2yo, Parents must be bronze level or lower, Sire’s fee must be $10,000 or less, dam cannot be stakes winner/placed

Exceptions:
None

Heliotropes:
Broodmares: 4-12yo, must have no breed ranking, bred to a stud whose fee is $10,000 or less, must not be stakes placed/winner (if raced)
Other horses: 0-2yo, dam must have no breed ranking, Sire’s fee must be $10,000 or less, dam cannot be stakes winner/placed

Exceptions:
None

As usual, post with questions. :slight_smile:

Where do we pick them from the FF barn?

Yes.  Any horse that is owned by FF and not currently leased is eligible.

Not until you give me the minimum info I requested.  (And possibly not then, depending on her stats.)

Sunnyside Ups
Broodmares: 4-12yo, Gold level or lower, bred to a stud whose fee is $50,000 or less, maximum of 2 SWs (if raced)Other horses: 0-2yo, Parents must be gold level or lower, Sire’s fee must be $50,000 or less, dam must have a max of 2 SWs if raced

Broodmare
finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=561
Guinevere 
sire: Sir Lancelot
dam:  dainty Lady
Gold
Highland Bandit $50,000

Thank You!!!

Blue Bloods:
Broodmares: 4-12yo, Bronze level or lower, bred to a stud whose fee is $10,000 or less, must not be stakes placed/winner (if raced)
Other horses: 0-2yo, Parents must be bronze level or lower, Sire’s fee must be $10,000 or less, dam cannot be stakes winner/placed

Exceptions:
None

Starstruck
DOB: 02/03/2004
Sire: Secret of Love
Dam: Hollywood Silver
In Foal To: Rumor Has It ($5,000)

Leaping Leprechauns:
Broodmares: 4-12yo, Silver level or lower, bred to a stud whose fee is $20,000 or less, must not be stakes placed/winner (if raced)
Other horses: 0-2yo, Parents must be silver level or lower, Sire’s fee must be $20,000 or less, dam cannot be stakes winner/placed

Exceptions:
None

finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=1063

My Babu (S)  2003
by Planet Hollywood (S) out of Silver Sultan (B)
Multiple winner, but not a SW or SP
in foal to Moonopoly Fee: $5,000

Thanks!

I have updated the list of required info.  Please check it before posting your request.

Indigo Montoya:
Broodmares: 4-12yo, Bronze level or lower, bred to a stud whose fee is $20,000 or less, must not be stakes placed/winner (if raced)
Other horses: 0-2yo, Parents must be bronze level or lower, Sire’s fee must be $20,000 or less, dam cannot be stakes winner/placed

finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=6703

Running Blind  July 13, 2006
Sire: Unbridled (S)
Dam: Blind Justice (S)
In Foal To: Alley Cat ($7,500)

Thanks
Drew
Railbird Racing

Heliotropes:
Broodmares: 4-12yo, must have no breed ranking, bred to a stud whose fee is $10,000 or less, must not be stakes placed/winner (if raced)
Other horses: 0-2yo, dam must have no breed ranking, Sire’s fee must be $10,000 or less, dam cannot be stakes winner/placed

Exceptions:
None

Name: Maria’s Choice  http://www.finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=8752
Sire: Mario Juarez (Created)
Dam:Choose Me (Created)
Year Born: 2004  (9 years old)
Race Record: Unraced

What if the stallion is a retired stallion? What was his fee?
What Its worth?

Worth’s stud fee was $100,000 before he retired. :wink:

Lady Marmalades
Broodmares: 8-16yo, Gold level or lower, bred to a stud whose fee is $30,000 or less, must not have any SWs (if raced)
Other horses: 0-2yo, Parents must be gold level or lower, Sire’s fee must be $30,000 or less, dam must not have any SWs if raced

2 yo

Don’t Turn Back
finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=5583
Turn N Burn(S) ($10000)
Don’t Give Up(G) No SW’s

Yearling

Unnamed
finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=9479
2012 filly
Sire:  FFCh Takemetohollywood (N/A) $15,000
Dam:  Gimme A Chance(G)  No SW’s

Actually, it was $125,000.  Same difference, though.

Shannon
Shadowbrook Farms

Leaping Leprechauns:

Exceptions:
None

I’d like a 2YO and a Yearling please

finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=4740
Tanafriti
1/31/2011
Sire: GCh Akhetnaten (B)
Dam: Unknown Powers (S)

finalfurlong.org/viewhorse.php?horse=8079
Good Morning
March 8, 2012
Sire: ICh. Worth The Wait (B)