2/12

First winner of 2015 courtesy of [color=red]Juxtaposed  :smiley: :smiley:! The switch back to turf and no whip seemed to do the trick as she had no previous form whatsoever. Lots of carrots for her tonight.

[color=blue]Baringa continues to give his all, finishing 2nd in an NW3 behind one of Shanthi’s runners, touched off by a head. His best run so far this year and seemed to appreciate the step up to 9f.

Our only other runner was [color=red]Comedienne who finished 4th in her F/M sc allowance. She’s overdue for a break so I think the plan is to ship her home for a rest prior to the start of the English season.

All in all, not a bad day.

Odysseus and Trouble’s My Name ran in the same NW3 allowance.  Trouble came in 3rd, Odysseus was off the board with a 6th.

Out of Control came in 2nd in her OA.

Sludge and Arizona dream were out in the same NW2.  Sludge won and Arizona Dream was 3rd.

Demand the Best was an uncharacteristic 6th in his stakes race.  He definitely does not like Wet turf, so I think we’ll go with that explanation.

Highlight of the day was a win by a non-Cricket.  Congrats to Ch. Imperial Gesture and her SW and Reafan and his allowance win.  HC’s now officially silver. =)

[color=red]Sheza Swan finished a nice 2nd/6 in her NW3. The winner won by 3, but it was another 5 back to the third place horse, so we’re definitely proud!

[color=blue]Malevolence finished a decent 5th/9 in his Allowance. After 3 off-the-board finishes, we’ve gone ahead and gelded him and will try out an equipment change, probably. [color=green]Orkenstorm was a disappointing 7th in the same race We’ll try an equipment change and give it another go.

[color=red]June My Love was a surprising 8th/9 in her Allowance. We’ll shorten her up a tad and try and find an easier spot for her next time.

[color=red]Black Clouds was a promising 3rd/11 in her Allowance/2015 debut. We think a little more distance could have benefited her. [color=green]Scrambled Egg was 5th in the same race. He doesn’t like the wet track.

[color=blue]Tempting Magic hated our experiment of throwing him into a long distance race and finished 7th/11 in his Allowance. Back to the sprints!

[color=green]Quite By Chance finished 7th/14th in his Allowance.

The day concluded with the successful claim of [color=blue]Rocket Smoke for 5k. He finished 3rd/6th and we’re excited to start working with him (and he’s a son of Slew o’Scots!).

A good day for me! Finished with 12(6)-3(1)-5(2)-2(2)-1(1) and $413,550 in earnings.

Frivolous was second in her NW3 Allowance for 3yo F
To Die For won his 9.0f Allowance for 3yo
Unforgettable One was just behind in the same race finishing second
Basalt had a good win in his 9.0f Allowance for 4yo+
Resume was second in the same race
Ragazzo was fifth in the same race
Path Finder had an exceptional run to win the 8.0f Gr. 1 George Main Stakes for 3yo+. I was NOT expecting her to beat her stablemate and entered her on a whim. She’s a lovely mare and this is her second Gr. 1 win.
I’m No Fool managed third in the same race. I tried a F8 on him so perhaps the reason why? Or the wet track perhaps.
Gal From Seattle managed a very credible second against the boys in the 7.0f Gr. 2 Stan Fox Stakes for 3yo
Mauna Loa was second in the 12.0f Gr. 3 Colin Stephen Handicap for 3yo+
Ilsaheri was third in the same race
Calamarain was fourth in the same race

[hr][/hr]

Other news for today saw me spend my recent winnings on the LOVELY What’s It Worth x Rogue’s Lily (Highland Rogue) broodmare GCh. Fanfare. She set me back $750,000. She’s in foal to Spock. Godolphin made a tidy profit - they bought her last year for just $100,000 but I’m a sucker for the Worth / Rogue cross and her being a MSW / GCh. / Gr. 1 winner / record breaker made the purchase a no brainer - add to that her sire is rated Gold, her broodmare is rated Gold and her damsire (right term?) is rated Gold shows she has good potential. She joins her 1/2 sibling Bay of Biscay (a racer with one stakes win under her belt) in my stable.

Congrats on the purchase of a nice mare! I’ve loved her name (and bloodlines) for ages. :slight_smile:

Sort of a good day.

[color=red]Catching Rain won her first race since her two year old season. She’s very nicely bred so I am hoping she can duplicate this performance a few more times. :slight_smile:

[color=blue]Posthaste seems to have bounced after his last race, finishing out of the money.

[color=red]Strawberryswing has yet to perform like she did last season. Probably going to drop her back into an allowance.

Another good day for us, not as great as we’ve been having but you can’t have those kind of days all the time I guess!

Queen of Eagles had the worst result of the day, finishing 6th/7 in a NW2 on the turf. Not quite sure what our next move with her will be.

Sneak About ran a pretty good race in the G1 Las Virgenes. She was mid-pack throughout and made a good run down the stretch but couldn’t sustain it. Still finished a decent 5th/10.

After 2 not-so-hot efforts on the turf, we switched Laird’s Diamond to the dirt and she approved the change. She dueled throughout and was just edged out at the wire, finishing 2nd/6 by a mere quarter of a length.

Arnhem Land made his first start for us today. We bought him a few weeks ago but he hadn’t seen the farm in a long time so we sent him for two weeks of mental health ‘training’. Brought him back in a turf NW2. He was part of a three way duel and got a little tired but still ran very well to finish 3rd/7.

Cross Your Fingers appreciated the drop back to allowance company today. Finished a nice 2nd/9 in an allowance over the fences.

Moved DontCallMeSue up in class today from non-winners to the Ungraded Hollie Hughes. Looks like he was able to handle it, was very game in finishing 2nd/11.

Nice day for us, only 2 finished out of the top 3. :slight_smile:

[color=blue]Golden Crown was 2nd in his NW1.

[color=blue]The Huntsman won his NW3. :slight_smile:

[color=blue]Reafan won his NW3. :slight_smile:

[color=red]Golden Aura won her NW3. :slight_smile:

[color=red]Heartbeam was 3rd in her allowance.

[color=red]Calanais was 2nd in her NW2.

[color=red]Exultation was 2nd in her NW3.

[color=red]Bright Belles was 3rd in the Dearly Prescious Stakes.

[color=red]Temporary Insanity was back in the winners’ circle in the Deputy Minister Handicap. :slight_smile:

[color=red]Alleluia won the Shirley Jones Handicap. Half-sister [color=red]Ella Fitzgerald was not quite ready for stakes and finished 9th.

[color=red]Etched In Gold won the La Canada Stakes.

[color=red]Avenue of Stars was 7th in the Las Virgenes Stakes.

[color=blue]Aidan Quinn was 3rd in the Stan Fox Stakes.

Sire Report
Highland Bandit congratulates [color=green]Devil’s Bandit on a NW2 win.

Highland Wizard congratulates [color=green]The Whiz Kid on a NW3 win.

Ring of Fire congratulates [color=green]Space Agent and [color=blue]The Huntsman on allowance wins.

Slew O’Scots congratulates [color=blue]To Die For on an allowance win and [color=blue]So Slew Me on a maiden win.

Thanks! The first time I’ve seen a decent mare for sale on the main sale page albeit probably a tad overpriced - but I think I should be able to sell a foal or two for close to what I paid…

Thank you! SSM hadn’t done anything for us till we switched him to SC.  He went from not placing at all to winning! We think he’s got the SC bug from his daddy. :wink:

That wouldn’t surprise me! :slight_smile: Hope he continues to love the jumps.