12/31 - Happy Almost New Year!

Only one who did much worth reporting…

After a three month lay-off due to a bowed tendon, Plead Silence made his way back to the races today in a 7f Turf Open Allowance against fellow 3yo’s over at Santa Anita and led the field gate to wire. 1st/6.

One last race of the year and it was a nail biter!

[color=red]Norwester took a 1st/14 against a field of mostly boys and did it pulling away from a mess of deadheats and noses at the 4f marker. Also, it pushed her point count to 101 making her the fourth horse to achieve a title this year :smiley: Such a nice way to end the year :slight_smile:

I also ended the year really nicely with a win for Southern Treasure in an allowance

Not looking forward to New Year housekeeping.

RC Bee ended with a bang - no victories but two paychecks, which are just as fine.

[color=green]Bucking Tiger surprised with a 2nd of 10 in a 10f dirt allowance. I can’t decide what he likes more - turf or dirt.

[color=red]Ideal Ransom didn’t show as expected but 4th of 6 in a 7f turf allowance isn’t bad. Hopefully she’ll show something before I retire her to motherhood.

Happy New Year, everybody!

It looks like the Starfish horses started celebrating the New Year a couple of weeks early. In the last four race days, we have had one winner out of 24 runners and the majority of the other 23 horses have finished last or nearly last. A number of them have been either leading or in the first three for the early part of their races and then suddenly got hit by the dreaded “DNF” bug. Lets hope they quickly get their minds focused back onto racing.

Happy New Year to everybody.