12/22

Great day today!

[color=red]Hayleys Honour went out in race number 6 and won against a small mixed field of colts and fillies.  This is her second race with us and her second win so we are very happy with her!  To top it off she won by a full 2 lengths proving that this filly has some real moxie :slight_smile:

[color=green]Longfellow went out in the Ungraded Gallant Fox Stakes today, the first stakes ever for our farm.  We were VERY happy with his 5th place out of a full and tough field of 14, and it looks like the race was very close!    I think it was a little long for him and maybe he didnt have enough rest, but I can’t complain about this placing!

We claimed [color=blue]Remember the Alamo today, who finished 3rd out of 6 in race 49. We’re thinking this six year old still has some solid racing ahead of him and will do respectably in lower allowance races. That said, gelding is probably in his future because it looks unlikely that he will make the bar to stand at stud and his workout history shows him to be a bit of a bipolar handful :wink: He’s on his way home for some much needed rest, and hopefully he’ll head out to earn back his $10,000 claiming price in the 2015 race season.

Only two out today, both well named considering current weather conditions here  :wink:

[color=green]Icy Dice finished last in the Gallant Fox but did earn a very good speed figure. It’s his first run back from a break so I’m not too dissapointed. He’ll drop back to allowance company now and hopefully that’ll suit him a bit better.

[color=red]Just Like Ice put in a better performance finishing 2nd of 7 in an older filly/mare allowance over 9f on the turf. She’s still showing plenty of enthusiasm even though she’s rising five now so she’s certainly shown it’s worth campaining her again next season. She’s been shipped home for a short break with a view to coming back out end of Jan/early Feb.

Today was a bit of an off day, but not BAD per-se.

For whatever foolish reason, I had mixed up Miss Victory with Miss Townsend in entering, so poor [color=red]Miss Townsend, racing way over her head in the Ung. Gallant Fox, ran 8th of 14. We’re apologizing for the mix-up with many carrots.

[color=blue]Polaris showed some more promise by running 4th of 6 in a 7F dirt NW3 Allowance for 2yo’s. It was his first time placing higher than 7th, and although a simple Maiden might have benefited him more, we thought his recent workouts + the distance would work for him. Being only 2 though, we like the 4th-place finish.

Out of our 5 runners, [color=green]Quite by Chance surprised us the most. The best he has done all year was 2 4th-place finishes out of 5 starts, but thanks to recent workouts he hit the board with a 3rd! He momentarily had 2nd secured, so we’re considering shortening him up next time out.

[color=red]Word Association remains a puzzle, but I always give my 2yo’s the benefit of a doubt. She finished 5th in a 2yo 5F Dirt Maiden, but at least it was 5th of 13!

We Claimed [color=blue]To Alaska, who ran 4th in his race. We were definitely expecting more from him, but hopefully it was just a trip-up. He’s still pretty good overall. He hasn’t rested since September of last year, so he’ll head home for rest.

Just so you know, if he was owned by FF, they’re “immune” to all effects of energy, fitness, and natural energy. (Since it wouldn’t be fair to penalize them for being owned by a computer.) Now that he’s privately owned, that’s no longer the case, but he wouldn’t have -50000 NE or anything by racing for 18 months under FF colors.